In mid-September, an article was published with the controversial title: „Leaks in the intestines. France has banned it, and you can buy it from us in any store ”.
The topic of titanium dioxide, abbreviated as E171, raises many doubts and is widely discussed. It is admittedly an additive allowed for use in various food categories, incl. sweets, ice cream or dietary supplements, however, there are many studies carrying out the harmfulness of its consumption.
The authors of the text: „Leaks in the intestines. France has banned it, and you can buy it from us in any store ” raise several issues:
- They cite research results published in the journal NanoImpact, in which:
- „Researchers at the University of Binghamton show that chronic exposure to titanium dioxide, also known as E171, can lead to irreversible damage to the gut.”
- „Researchers have observed that titanium dioxide also adversely affects the function of intestinal cells called microvilli.”
- They emphasize that „By damaging the intestines, titanium dioxide creates an excellent environment for pathogenic bacteria.”
- They note that „France has been banning the use of this food additive from 2020. And although the European Food Safety Authority has taken E171 under its scrutiny in recent years, an official ban has still not been issued for EU countries.”
At the beginning of October, an article was published on the foodfakty website: „CONSENT OF EU MEMBER STATES TO PROHIBIT THE USE OF TITANIUM DIOXIDE (E 171)”. The Member States of the European Union voted to ban the use of titanium dioxide as a food additive. Please note that the opinion of the EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) is not legally binding. It is just the green light for the competent legislative bodies to amend the law. It is expected that new regulations banning the use of titanium dioxide will be passed most likely in early 2022.
It’s worth reading labels and choosing products wisely!
Remember: Living Food liquid probiotics do not contain titanium dioxide or any other additives. They are 100% natural and ecological.
The full source text of the article „Leaks in the intestines. France has banned it, and you can buy it from us in any store”: https://www.o2.pl/zdrowie/dziurawi-jelita-francja-go-zakazala-a-u-nas-kupisz-w-kazdym-sklepie-6683432961730689a
Scientific source article cited by the authors of the text: „Leaks in the intestines. France has banned it, and you can buy it from us in any store”: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S2452074816301185#!
Full source text of the article „CONSENT OF EU MEMBER STATES TO PROHIBIT THE USE OF TITANIUM DIOXIDE (E 171)”: https://foodfakty.pl/zgoda-panstw-czlonkowskich-ue-na-zakaz-stosowania-dwutlenku-tytanu-e-171